Adding a Position
Positions allow administrators to assign different Review Sections and Competencies to different employees. This is a helpful tool to ensure employees are evaluated on skills relevant to their responsibilities.
*Administrators use Positions as base Review documents for employees. When an employee is assigned a position, a Review is created with the same sections and goals as the assigned Position. When a Trakstar Perform administrator modifies a Position, they may choose to cascade changes to all active Review documents or just Draft Reviews. Editing a Position does not change archived reviews in any way.
Log in as an Admin. Select Positions from the Forms tab from the Navigation Bar. Select Add Position from the top right of the page.
Choose Position if you wish to add a new job title, and choose Section if you wish to create a Section containing competencies or elements that may be cascaded to multiple positions across the organization. This article will cover Positions. See Admin: Create and Edit a Section for more information on Sections.
There are five Position elements: Competency, Question, Section, Text, and Single-Use Section.
- Competencies are qualitative descriptions scored on a rating scale (i.e., 1-5.) They describe an expectation in a Position. Competencies usually have a weight that is calculated in the final review score. Managers (or employees, optionally) may assign specific, individualized measurements to competencies if desired. Competencies may be selected from the Trakstar Perform Library.
- Questions require an answer for a Review to be complete. Questions are not rated.
- Sections may contain as many elements as desired and can be shared across multiple positions. A Section will average the value of the elements within it and contribute the averaged percentage weight in the final calculation of the Review
- Sections are described in more detail in the article: Create and Edit a Section
- Text is typically used to instruct employees and managers – it is not actionable.
- Single-Use Sections may contain as many elements as desired. A Single-Use Section will average the value of the elements within it and contribute the averaged percentage weight in the final calculation of the Review.
Once you are finished creating a Position, you can view details about it at a glance by utilizing the columns on the Positions page.