Workflow: Connecting Trakstar Perform and Trakstar Learn
Connect performance goals in Trakstar Perform and training courses in Trakstar Learn through a seamless workflow. Whether the course encourages career path growth or is part of a performance improvement plan, Learn courses can help track an employee's performance in a simple, integrated step.
Learn about this integration in Trakstar Academy, or continue reading below!
What is it?
The connection between Trakstar Perform and Trakstar Learn allows managers to assign training courses to employees when creating a special training measurement in Perform.
This allows you to tie the measurements you assign to your teams directly to actionable courses for them to complete in Learn - closing the loop on training.
- If you assign New Hire reviews and onboarding courses to your employees, these onboarding courses can be assigned and tracked as training course measurements within Perform!
- If your employees have certifications they are required to keep up to date, these can be tracked using a training course measurement in Perform and a file upload module in a Learn course.
- If an employee is assigned a Performance Improvement Plan in Perform, measurements can be used to assign Learn training courses to get them back on the right track.
How do I set it up?
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll help you get started - we need to enable it and make the connection on the back end of your account.
Note: The email address of the employee/manager in Perform must match their email address in Learn. It is essential to audit your users in both Perform and Learn before setting up this integration to ensure that these fields match. If these fields do not match, users will not have access to training measurements and will only see the option to add a custom measurement.
I'm set up! Now what?
When adding measurements to an employee's review, managers can choose between adding a custom measurement or a training measurement.
Custom measurement: a traditional measurement to track employee progress toward a goal
Training measurement: a measurement that assigns a Learn course
To assign a Learn course, managers must choose Training Measurement from the Measurement Type dropdown, as seen in the screenshot.
You can select a training course from your Learn library from the Course Assignment dropdown.
The course title & description will populate in the Measurement Title and Measurement Description section. Click Save in the bottom right corner to continue.
A pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm this course enrollment. Click Save one more time to complete!
Tip: Training measurements can be cascaded to invite multiple employees to a specific course! Click here to learn how to cascade measurements.
Deleting a training measurement will only remove the measurement from the employee's review - if they need to be removed from the course, this action must be taken in Trakstar Learn.
If you receive an error, it is likely one of these issues :
- The email address for the user doesn't match in Perform & Learn: The email addresses must match in Perform & Learn for this integration to work correctly. If you have multiple email addresses for users, we suggest a quick audit of your systems to ensure they match.
- The course does not contain a module: All courses in Learn are made up of modules. Think of them like the chapters of a book. Ensure that all courses are complete and have modules. If a course has not had any modules added yet, you cannot assign an employee to take the course via Perform.
If neither of these resolves your error message, please contact our support team - we're happy to assist and get to the bottom!
Have additional questions or want more information on Learn? Email us at email@example.com.